Sunday, August 21, 2011



Its been pretty crazy. Remember all that stuff I said about being able to teach in Portuguese and being able to understand a lot. Remember all that stuff about Florianopolis being just like the US but a different country? Yeah.... you can forget all that. hahaha

My quote for this week is this: ^(When you are learning to ride a bike you have to bounce your face off the pavement a few times) Its been rough. I don~t know what is going on at all. I really don~t understand anything and my companion (elder Pereira) is Brazilian so we don~t tLK much. haha It is an adventure.

The people here are really strange. Infrastructure is awful. Houses are made of scrap wood and tin roofs. The streets are muddy and general hygiene is just different. That being said its amazing here. I~m in a different country!! haha The people are nice though I only know that because they smile at me. They feed me really well and try to talk to me. We have a ward in our area(fairly rare I guess) and a really nice chapel. There are a ton of non active members and we spend a lot of time with them.

My companion and I can communicate now so I ask some questions. He is a good elder and loves the people. We are spending a lot of time working with members. We have been visiting a sister everyday because her daughter is in the hospital. Luckily our days are planed out by my companion and so we~re doing what we need to I guess. This is really hard. A lot of fun and amazing but really hard. Every day I worry i~m wasting my mission because I can~t help people. I really don~t know what to think. I spend a lot of time on my knees.

It is especially hard because I start to zone out when I can~t speak. I got a bit freaked out when I found out we only get mail once every zone conferenc. (btw thats once every 12 weeks) But then we were talking to this man, i don~t know what about, and he started crying. It was such a wake up call that I need to quit worrying about my problems and start helping other people. I am alot more relaxed now and feel so much better.

MY daily schedule is as follows:

6:30 up and exercising
7:30 breakfast (they don~t eat breakfast here so its like two small grilled cheese sandwhiches, they love panini makers)
8:00 study starts
9:00 companion study starts
11:00 finish companion study
12:00 lunch (huge lunches b;c they don~t eat dinner or breakfast)
1:00 work until 9:00 when we return home and eat a little before bed

Its odd not eating dinner really but its good because they weight I gained in the CTM will come off. We walk everywhere so my shoes may not last as long as I thought but its ok.

Well thats about all. I~m ataching some pictures. Hope you enjoy them

Love Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment